- 05/06/21 TV Ad on Hearing Aid Insurance Benefits
- Dr. Markovich on Hearing Aid Insurance Benefits
- Dr. Ford-on the Unintended Consequences of COVID-19 with Hearing Loss
- Dr. Voglewede: All offices open – posted 8/14/20
- Dr. Ford -Safety in Covid-19: Reopening Avery and Ashe – Posted 06/17/20
General Information- 04/11/22:
- Our Boone, Linville and Jefferson offices are open with regular operating hours.
- We continue to offer Telehealth visits where appropriate to help you with your medical concerns. See more info under “Telehealth Services” below.
- A face mask is “Optional” in our Boone office for all patients and visitors.
- In our Satellite offices (Jefferson and Linville), patients and visitors should comply with the requirements of the facility where our offices are located.
- We will continue to offer patients to wait in their car during Allergy Shot visits (provided you have someone with you) as well as all other visits.
- Please enter our lobby area to check in with our front office staff and let us know you want to wait in your car.
- If you have tested positive for COVID19, have COVID symptoms, or are awaiting testing results we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your visit for a follow up visit and 30 minutes for a new patient visit.
- Please complete all paperwork on your patient portal prior to your appointment.
- In order to limit the spread of the COVID19 virus we are strongly encouraging you to arrive alone for your appointment unless there is a special need for a visitor/family member. Minor patients must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- We continue to have a process of frequent cleaning and disinfecting all common and patient areas.
- Allergy patients will arrive during regular shot hours. See hours of operation.
- You MUST bring your Epi-Pen in order to receive a shot.
- Please contact the Allergy Department at (828) 264-4545 Option 4 if you have any questions or concerns.
- Boone office. You will enter the allergy department thru the main lobby door after getting buzzed back by one of our front office staff members and then proceed to the Allergy Check in desk. Please remember to bring your Allergy Edge card. You will get your shot and wait in one of our socially distanced waiting rooms. If you feel like you need to wait in your car, we ask that you have someone in the car with you that could assist with any reactions/ problems. Return your timer to the Allergy Check in desk after your 20-minute wait.
- Linville office – We have established a schedule for Allergy services based on your last name. We recommend you follow this schedule to limit the number of patients in the office at one time to maintain social distancing as recommended by the CDC. The last name schedule for our Linville office is below.
- A -G Thursday 8-11.30
- H – L Thursday 1-4
- M – S Friday 8-11.30
- T- Z Friday 1-3
- Jefferson office– We have established a schedule for Allergy services based on your last name. We recommend you follow this schedule to limit the number of patients in the office at one time to maintain social distancing as recommended by the CDC. The last name schedule for our Jefferson office is below.
- A -G Monday 8-11.30
- H – L Monday 1-4
- M – S Wednesday 8-11.30
- T- Z Wednesday 1-4
- Audiology patients can drop off their hearing aids for repairs. Please note that you will no longer be able to wait on the hearing aids to be repaired at the time of drop off. Once the hearing aids are ready for pickup you will be notified.
Though it’s always great to meet your healthcare professional in person, many patient visits do not need to occur face to face in order for an evaluation, diagnosis or treatment recommendation to be made.
- Current patients are able to continue receiving follow-up care while new patients can complete their initial visit and begin seeking treatment. Many assessments can be performed during a virtual doctor visit.
- Your regular insurance will be billed for these visits and normal copays/deductibles will apply.
- Please access the following tutorials for additional information on connecting to your Telehealth Visit:
- To schedule your Telehealth Appointment, please call (828) 264-4545.
What You Can Do To Help:
- Do not come into the office if you are sick.
- Do not bring family members into the office during your visit.
- Carefully review the instructions above to ensure that you are properly prepared for your visit.
Please note, we CANNOT perform on-site testing for coronavirus at any of our offices. Please contact your primary care physician, Urgent Care, local health department at (828) 795-1970 or your local emergency room if you:
- Have a fever, cough or cold/flu like symptoms, or symptoms of lower respiratory illness (e.g., cough or shortness of breath)
- Have experienced a loss of smell, decreased smell, or even bad smells.
- Chills or repeated shaking/shivering, muscle pain, headache, sore throat.
- Have been exposed to someone that has been diagnosed with coronavirus or someone who has had contact with anyone under quarantine for the virus
- Have recently traveled or been exposed to anyone returning from outside of the United States
- Have recently traveled outside our region.
If you have any of these symptoms and have an upcoming appointment with your Blue Ridge ENT provider, we ask that you call our office to reschedule your appointment. If you would like to cancel your appointment, we have the availability to perform a virtual visit on some patients with specific medical conditions.
Call our office at (828) 264-4545 or complete a contact us request on our Contact us page and a staff member will be in contact with you.
Call 911 if you have a medical emergency.