Blue Ridge ENT continues to maintain our commitment to provide care to our patients during this pandemic. We are monitoring the CDC and WHO websites and taking all necessary precautions. With that being said, we have changed some of our processes in order to keep you and our team members safe.
- All services will be provided from the Boone Office.
- We are now offering Telehealth visits where appropriate to help you with your medical concerns. See more info under “Telehealth Services” below.
- We are also offering “Curbside Telehealth” visits at our Boone office if you need to be seen but do not have access to a smart phone or the internet at your home. You wont have to get out of your car to complete the visit with our providers.
- The Ashe and Linville offices will be closed effective 03/30/20 until further notice.
- All patients that arrive at our office will be screened prior to entering the office.
- Allergy patients will arrive to the Boone office during regular shot hours.
- Allergy patient that normally visit our Ashe or Linville offices should visit our Boone office effective 03/30/20.
- You MUST bring your Epi-Pen in order to receive a shot.
- After you receive your allergy shot you will wait in your car. We are asking for the color and type of car you will be in so our staff can monitor you. When your time is up you will need to return your timer and have your arms checked. During this time, we will be maintaining your current dose.
- Anyone who leaves prior to being checked will not receive another shot until we return to our normal procedure.
- Audiology services are available for emergency hearing aid services only – ie, your hearing aid is not working.
- Audiology services are only available at our Boone office until further notice.
- Audiology patients should contact the office by phone at (828) 264-4545 prior to arriving so that our staff can plan for your arrival.
- Upon arrival, please contact the office by phone at (828) 264-4545 and wait in your car for a staff member to come down and take your hearing aid in for repair.
Though it’s always great to meet your healthcare professional in person, many patient visits do not need to occur face to face in order for an evaluation, diagnosis or treatment recommendation to be made.
- Current patients are able to continue receiving follow-up care while new patients can complete their initial visit and begin seeking treatment. Many assessments can be performed during a virtual doctor visit.
- Your regular insurance will be billed for these visits and normal copays/deductibles will apply.
- Please access the following tutorials for additional information on connecting to your Telehealth Visit:
- To schedule your Telehealth Appointment, please call (828) 264-4545.
What You Can Do To Help:
- Do not come into the office if you are sick.
- Do not bring family members into the office during your visit.
- Carefully review the instructions above to ensure that you are properly prepared for your visit.
Please keep in mind that the current situation is very fluid and continues to change. Patients are encouraged to check the following resources for up-to-date information on COVID-19, including how to best keep yourself safe and what you should do if you suspect that either you or a family member may have fallen ill with this virus.
Please note, we CANNOT perform on-site testing for coronavirus at any of our offices. Please contact your primary care physician, Urgent Care, local health department at (828) 795-1970 or your local emergency room if you:
- Have a fever, cough or cold/flu like symptoms, or symptoms of lower respiratory illness (e.g., cough or shortness of breath)
- Have experienced a loss of smell, decreased smell, or even bad smells.
- Have been exposed to someone that has been diagnosed with coronavirus or someone who has had contact with anyone under quarantine for the virus
- Have recently traveled or been exposed to anyone returning from outside of the United States
If you have any of these symptoms and have an upcoming appointment with your Blue Ridge ENT provider, we ask that you call our office to reschedule your appointment. If you would like to cancel your appointment, we have the availability to perform a virtual visit on some patients with specific medical conditions.
Call our office at (828) 264-4545 or complete a contact us request on our Contact us page and a staff member will be in contact with you.
Call 911 if you have a medical emergency.